- "We were able to gather enough donations so that each of the 1400 children will get a goodie bag..."
- "I will be organizing and running the games portion of VBS..."
- "This will be my second time going to Haiti..."
- "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words." St Francis
- "There are 350 sets for the children to use"
- “We are talking about going back and helping again”
Hearts Out To Haiti
The Hearts Out To Haiti Mission has been in existence since 1999 supporting three parishes in Les Palmes, Morne a Chandelle and Durissy. The following are some of the accomplishments of the Mission:
- Provide yearly salaries for 130 teachers through the Adopt a Teacher Program
- Provide on-going educational and computer training for teachers
- Provide yearly worm medicines for over 2,000 children in our three parishes
- Constructed the 10 room – 2 story Fr. Bruny High School in Les Palmes
- Installed a computer lab supporting over 15 laptop computers in Les Palmes
- Constructed a Kindergarten at St. Michel’s in Morne a Chandelle
- Constructed a bridge in Durissy
- Constructed 3 outdoor toilets in Les Palmes and Morne a Chandelle
- Constructed a cistern in Les Palmes
- Constructed two-bedroom rectory and cistern in Morne a Chandelle
- Distributed over 1,000 New Testament Creole Bible and over 10,000 Rosaries to school children
- Conduct yearly Vacation Bible School Programs for 1100 children
Our mission is to support the communities of the parishes in Morne a Chandelle, Les Palmes and Durissy, Haiti through evangelization, education and empowerment.
In carrying out our mission we will abide by the following core values:
- We will be guided by the Holy Spirit in all our actions
- We will respect the culture of our Haitian brothers and sisters and listen to their voices
- We will seek mutual trust through honest communication in all our dealings
- We will focus on community rather than individual needs
- As custodians of donated funds we will operate with full accountability and transparency
The Music Connection
In early April volunteer Scott Colburn and I received an e-mail from Hearts Out to Haiti supporter Lisa Benincasa, Choral Director at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. Lisa explained that Laurie Broadway, who is the Band Director at Jefferson, had ordered t-shirts for the band members but the manufacturer made a mistake and they cannot use them. Lisa asked us if we could use them in Haiti... Read More >>>
"The books that the children will receive will improve their education for a better future!"
Our Lady of Presentation parish : Les Palmes
By Father Johnson, Pastor
First of all, let me express our gratitude to hearts Out to Haiti because they never forget us in Les palmes by providing us with their financial support and mostly their great friendship. That means the world to us. Read More >>>
|Thu Aug 14 @ 6:00PM - 07:00PM|
Support Our Sponsors
Ace Hardware - Indialantic
Ace Hardware - Satellite Beach
Amy Addington, DDS
Anthony W. Ware, MD
Beachside Performance & Health Studio
Beverly Rose, DMD PA
Brevard Optometry Assoc.
Bizzarro's Pizza - 5th Ave. Indialantic
Cancer Care Center of Brevard
Cardiology Assoc. of Central Brevard
Cedric Chenet, DDS PA
Cogswells & Company
Dogspot Hotel, LLCFriendly's Restaurant
Great Scott Dog Training
Lee N. Sheldon, DMD PA
Lexi leMartini Bar
Longdoggers - Indialantic
Man Overboard Bait and Tackle
Mushatt's No 9
Office Depot - Indialantic
Paul C Durney, DPM
People's Physical Therapy, Inc.
Physical Addictions, Inc.
Peg's Laun-Dri Room - Indialantic
Solutions for Growth
Sorensen Moving & Storage
Surfside Urgent Care
Timothy Lang, DDS MD PA