HNJ has a wide variety of ministries in the following areas: Evangelization, Worship, Formation, Parish & Family Life, Service & Outreach, Administration, Social, and School. To see a complete list and/or to sign up, please see our Time, Talent & Treasure form or if you require further information, please contact the Parish Office or a Ministry contact.
If you are unsure of what ministry(s) you would most enjoy, please complete the Gifts Assessment Questionnaire and discern at least three key areas where you are truly Gifted by God.
If the ministry you are interested in involves working with children and vulnerable populations you must complete the Fingerprinting application process and Safe Environment Training. Please see below for further details.
To complete the fingerprinting process you must have your Social Security Number, Government Issued ID, and Credit/Debit Card or Check.
- Go to: https://www.priderockholdings.com/SafeSupport/instructions.php?comp_id=214
- The process begins with an Instruction Page detailing the requirements of the Diocese of Orlando on who is to be fingerprinted and an overview of the registration process. You will be asked to check the box certifying that you understand the instructions. Click NEXT to proceed.
- Choose your job/volunteer location (Holy Name of Jesus or Holy Name of Jesus School) and then your position type such as employee, volunteer or vendor. Enter the confirmation code you see on the screen, and then click Submit to process
- Choose a convenient parish/school to have your fingerprinting processed. You can search by Zip Code. Instructions are provided informing you of the remaining steps in this process.
- After searching by Zip Code, a list of parish/schools will be displayed. Please select the location you would like to schedule your appointment.
- The Sched Now function allows you to continue the registration process.
- You will be able to select two dates and times when you will be available for fingerprinting at the site. The parish/school will confirm your appointment date and time by email.
- The next step in the process is for you to enter your personal information. Requiring you to enter personal information here affords you some privacy that would not exist if you were required to provide this information at the parish/school. This way, the only items you are required to bring with you for your fingerprinting appointment are your Government Issued ID and the barcode that is generated from this on-line registration.
- All fields are red. As you enter the required information, the red fonts turn black. The fields also include a popup help box to assist you with entering the information. The height and weight fields require (3) three digits; therefore, 5'7" is entered 507.
- If you do not have an email address, the "No Email Address" button can be chosen. If you do not have one, the email defaults to a default email at the Diocese of Orlando.
- After entering the demographics, you are provided a snapshot view of what was entered. If the information is incorrect, the edit button returns you to the previous page to allow you to correct the information. If it is correct, check the box at the bottom and click Next to proceed.
- The next step will be to read the disclosure form. The form outlines the requirements regarding sealed and expunged records; level 2 fingerprint based backgrounds checks; and provides authorization to the Diocese of Orlando to conduct the investigation. There are a few questions that require responses. Select the appropriate response to the question and provide additional information (as needed) in the space provided.
- You are required to review the disclosure, enter your initials and check the box before clicking Next to proceed. The initials must match the name entered on the demographics page or you cannot continue the registration process.
- Please select how you wish to make payment ($50 for volunteers). Once you have completed the Payment page, you will be prompted to print a barcode receipt. This receipt is required by the fingerprinting center when capturing your fingerprints. You can either write down the barcode number or print the receipt.
- If you provided an email address on the demographics page, this receipt is also emailed. Take the barcode receipt (or written barcode number) to the parish/school to submit your prints.
Safe Environment Training
As you may be aware, the Diocese is requiring all employees and volunteers who work with children and vulnerable populations to complete new Safe Environment Training. To complete the Safe Environment Training, please visit http://www.orlandodiocese.org/hr-safe-environment-training/registers to view the video and take a short quiz.
Here are the new instructions for Safe Environment Training:
1. Go onto the internet and type in www.orlandodiocese.org
2. Click on the banner on the right side of the homepage that says Outreach and Prevention.
3. Click on the title "Safe Environment Training."
4. The registration page will appear.
5. Scroll two-thirds the way down the new page and enter your name.
6. Enter your email address that you want your test score emailed to.
7. Make up a user name (Example: jsmith) then write it down; you will use it again later during this process.
8. Create a password, then write it down; you will use it again late during this process.
9. Type in your password one more time.
10. Type in the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
11. Type in the Barcode area: the barcode received at time of fingerprint registration.
12. Type in the name of your location (the church or school or place where you work/volunteer).
13. Click on the button "Register".
14. Log in with your username and password.
15. Select to conduct the training in either English or Spanish.
16. Watch the Video.
17. Click on the arrow on the lower corner of the screen to see the first question and to begin the test. One question will appear at a time. Click on the arrow button again to see the next question.
18. If you pass the test, print your certificate.
19. If you fail the test, you may watch the video and take it again.