Mission Statement: HNJ 'Friends For Life' (FFL) is a ministry that supports and protects the dignity of all human life through prayer, advocacy, education, awareness, connections, and social action.
Goals: To reach as many members of HNJ and the community to bring awareness and education on the efficacy and education of the doctrine of life as written in the Catechism of the Catholic Church Article 5, The Fifth Commandment, I. Respect for Human Life.
Everyone in our church is a Friend for Life...to that end we want to encourage individuals to be the face of Life in all aspects of our community. Friends For Life will provide events and opportunities for you to participate in promoting and supporting life from conception until natural death. We support the lives of the unborn, the elderly, the disabled, end of life issues, domestic violence, Natural Family Planning and those who suffer from abortion.
How You Can Participate:
- On the 4th of each month is International Day of Prayer for Life. Please take some time on that day to pray for the sanctity of all life in adoration, in the privacy of your home, in a small group, or with a rosary for life.
- Genesis House is a ministry that FFL supports monthly. In October we are collecting paper good donations (i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, diapers and tissues). In November we are collecting diaper wipes, small shampoos, toothpaste and deodorant donations. Please place all items in the baby crib at the Life Center Office.
- We are seeking a Rosary for Life volunteer leader who will organize a consistent recitation of the rosary through email, phone tree, or in person.
- We are also looking for a volunteer to organize the collection of coupons for diapers and formula for those who need assistance.
- Genesis House is seeking mentors for the new mothers in their homes to assist with parenting skills.
Did You Know? According to the CDC, the number of aborted blacks outnumbers the next seven leading causes of death among blacks combined? "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness." -MLK, Jr.
- CareNet/Heartbeat: 1-800-395-HELP (4357)
- National Life Center 1-800-848-LOVE (5683)
- Genesis House: home from pregnant women and their children in crisis. www.genesishouse-shelter.org 321-723-3133. To provide transitional shelter for homeless women and theirchildren, long-term housing for student mothers with children, and shelter for homeless pregnant women. Genesis House, Inc. is committed to providing a safe, supportive, caring environment. Education, self-discipline, self-reliance, and independence from the welfare system are earnestly promoted. Counseling, personal improvement classes, and appropriate health care are obtained for all residents. Classes in childbirth and parenting are provided as needed.
- BirthRight of Melbourne : 814 East Melbourne Ave Melbourne, 321-984-8810. They provide caring, non-judgmental support to girls and women who are distressed by an unplanned pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Resource Center : 165 North Babcock Street, Melbourne, 321-752-5540. www.main.melbournepri.com. The best way to confirm your pregnancy is with a free medical-grade pregnancy test and ultrasound exam.
- Pro-Life radio www.priestsforlife.org/media and Catholic Radio 920 AM
- Minority Outreach: www.AfricanAmericanOutreach.org; www.SacerdotesPorLaVida.org
- Forgiveness After Abortion: OPTION LINE: 800-395-HELP (4357)
- Rachel's Vineyard: www.rachelsvineyard.org, 877-HOPE-4-ME (467-3463). Offers weekend retreats held across the United States for any woman or man who has struggled with the emotional and spiritual pain of an abortion.
- National Helpline for Abortion Recovery: 866-482-LIFE (5433), www.iRegretMyAbortion.com
- Domestic Violence and Women's needs: hotline-321-607-6809
- Women's Center : 321-242-3110 www.womenscenterinbrevard.org. The enter has a counseling program, client services, transitional housing, victims services, and in 2006 the Center started its most recent program for displaced homemakers.
- Serene Harbor: www.sereneharbor.org is a non-profit Domestic Violence Shelter located in Brevard County Florida.
- Elder Care Services: Community Services Council of Brevard County, Inc. is a private not for profit 501 (c)(3) corporation. We are dedicated to helping seniors enjoy happy, healthy, secure lives. 321-639-8770 www.communityservices.org. They provide meals on wheels program; senior transportation; caregiver support;and the senior assistance program. The Sunflower House is a Caregivers resource provides, information, education and support to seniors and the disabled.
- Joe's Club Adult Day Care: Brevard Alzheimer's www.brevardalzheimers.org. The Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation Adult Day Care Program at "Joe's Club" is for everyone. One of the myths about Joe's Club is that it only helps families coping with Alzheimer's disease; that is not true. Joe's Club is designed to provide recreation, activities and personal care for older adults, in a safe and happy environment.
- Information on the Dignity and Sanctity of Life from the Diocese of Orlando: www.orlandodiocese.or/en/aj-issues/aj-sacraments-of-life